E-commerce SEO - Advanced Strategies
What do I need to know about Category & Product Page Optimization?
The following suggestions apply specifically to the SEO opportunities around your store’s product pages, which are commonly known to generate the best visitor traffic to your shop. The product pages on your site produce long tail keyword traffic, which are usually visitors farther down the buying cycle and result in better conversions.
- Optimized Product names (Use keyword optimized file names)
- Unique, high-res images, with optimized file name.
- Use Unique content (original product description)
- Allow & Encourage Product Reviews
- Schema.org code (rich snippets, structured data, microdata)
Rich snippets are detailed information tags intended to help users with specific queries, and search engines like Google recommend use this structured data on your site pages for better categorization of content.
What Schema is applicable to ecommerce product pages?
- product name
- reviews (gold star)
- Social Share Features (FB, Tw, G+, Pn)
- Allow users to post, tweet, pin from the product page.
What SEO features should I be concerned with on my category pages?
- Banner or optimized image
- Unique content
- Control of product links
- Optimized product images (alt, etc)
- Avoid duplicated product lists
Should my store have a blog?
Yes. Add a blog and post regularly.
Great, I’ve optimized my store for SEO. What about conversion optimization?
Conversion optimization is where the real money is made with ecommerce. Contact us today to receive consulting on how to increase your store’s sale conversion.
Contact Orange County SEO today for more information and help with your ecommerce store SEO.